Jump to category:
Top 5 AD questions
How do I create a new template file in ARGUS Developer
You can create a new template in ARGUS Developer 7 or later by the following steps:
- Login to the database
- Create a Developer file with all the assumptions and inputs entered
- Save to database
- Click the ARGUS Button on the top left hand corner
- Select Import/Export tab
- Select Export Data
- Select Export Template
- Make sure the save location is in the installation folders templates folder
NOTE: C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS Software\ARGUS Developer <yourversion>\Regions\<yourregion>\Templates for a local installation or the same path but on a shared path/UNC path if a server installation.
How do I upgrade or install ARGUS Developer?
Please click here to access the setup program, installation guide, release notes and other collateral information. To install or upgrade ARGUS Developer, users must have the following prerequisites:
- Administrative permissions.
- Backup the database or project files prior to upgrade. By default these are saved in the Data folder in the installation folder.
How do I check in and out my workstation/standalone developer license?
Please follow the steps below to check in and check out your license.
To check in:
- Make sure ARGUS Developer is closed
- Right click on the ARGUS Developer desktop icon
- Choose “Open file location” from the menu that pops up.
- Double click on License.exe
- Select the “Check In” button down in the lower right quadrant. This will open the “Check In” window. Your information should be prepopulated in the Company Name, Email, and Serial Number fields.
- Ensure “Check In through Internet” is selected
You will automatically return to the ARGUS Developer Licence Maintenance window.
- Select “Activate” in the lower right quadrant (This will ‘check out’ your license again for use)
- An “Activate ARGUS Developer” window will open, with prepopulated information.
- Ensure “Check In through Internet” is selected
- Agree to the Software terms by ticking the box in the lower left corner
You will be back at the ARGUS Developer Licence Maintenance main window. You many now close this window with the “X” up in the upper right corner and launch Developer.
Do I have to work from a database when I am in Developer?
With Developer 7.5 or later, you have the option to work from a database or NOT work from a database.
If you do not want to work from a database, simply close the ARGUS Developer Database Wizard popup upon installation and you will not be prompted to install SQL Compact.
If you choose to use ARGUS Developer without a database, all related functions and feature (snapshot, import portfolio, etc) that use the database will be disabled:
- Project tab will disappear (database files)
- Cost Codes will disappear
- Security Section under Control Panel will be greyed out
- System Maintenance will not appear under the Control Panel
- Only able to import area data
- Budget tab will not be accessible
NOTE: File functions are always active whether logged on to a database or not.
How do I print our company logo on ARGUS Developer reports?
In order to print one logo on the cover sheet and/or all pages of the report, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS Software\ARGUS Developer\Common\Reports\Logo. This directory should be empty.
NOTE: In version 8.0, the installation defaults to C:\Program Files rather than C:\Program Files (x86).
- Save the logo intended for use to this location. NOTE: The file can be in “.bmp” or “.jpg” format. Name the file Clientlogo.
- Launch Developer. NOTE: In 8.0 and higher, navigate directly to the Control Panel on the ARGUS tab and select Report Layout from Reports and Printing Section before proceeding directly to Step 8.
If using prior version, proceed to Step 5.
- Open a Project.
- Select Preview Reports from ribbon.
- Click Report Group Setup & Select Preview.
- Click the arrow to launch the Page Layout Report Options.
- Select the Cover Sheet tab. Ensure the Print a logo on the cover sheet is checked
- Choose option for Use default report settings for logo. Click OK.
- Select Logo from the ribbon.
- Check the option On All Pages or On Cover Page Only.
- The logo should now print on reports according to the option selected in step 11.
NOTE: If the logo does not initially appear, save the file and close the application. Upon reopening the application, the logo should print on the report.
Downloading & installing
What are the installation requirements and installation guide for ARGUS Developer?
Click here to access the ARGUS Developer product documentation and installation guides.
Where do I download ARGUS Developer?
Click here to access the download homepage for ARGUS Developer.
How do I move my ARGUS Developer installation to another computer?
To move your install to another computer you will first need to check in the license/license on the existing workstation then click here to download and run the install on the new workstation. Once the install has completed you can check out the license to activate the software.
How do I find the full version and product key/serial number of my ARGUS Developer product?
Open Developer >Go to the ARGUS Symbol tab on the top left >Select the Help tab.
How do I check out/activate my ARGUS Developer license/licence?
To check out your license/licence, right click on Developer icon >Select Open File Location >Select License.exe >Select Activate.
How do I check in/deactivate my ARGUS Developer license/licence?
To check in your license/licence, right click on Developer icon >Select Open File Location >Select License.exe >Select Check In.
How do I refresh my ARGUS Developer license/licence to remove an expiry date?
To refresh your license/licence, right click on Developer icon >Select Open File Location >Select License.exe >Select Refresh.
How do I move my workstation ARGUS Developer license/licence to another computer?
To move your license/licence, right click on Developer icon >Select Open File Location >Select License.exe >Select Check In > From the secondary computer, repeat the same steps to Activate.
The maintenance on my ARGUS Developer key expired. Who should I contact to renew my service plan?
Please contact your Account Manager if your license/licence is expired more than 30 days. If your license/licence is expired by less than 30 days, please contact Sales Operations at 1-888-MyARGUS Option 4.
ARGUS Developer On Demand
How do I add a new user to an existing AOD account?
To add a new user to your ARGUS Developer On Demand account, complete the following steps:
- Log in to ARGUS On Demand.
- Select the account name in upper right corner.
- Click Manage Users from pick list.The resulting page will display current user list.
- Click the Add User button.
NOTE: Only the AOD Client Administrator can add a new user and manage subscriptions on the account. The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically granted the Client Administrator role.
- Complete all fields in the resulting Add User window.
- Click Add User. The new user displays as enabled in the user list
NOTE: A verification email will be sent to the the email address provided for the new user. The new user must confirm the account and create a password in order to sign in to the ARGUS On Demand Account. The verification email can be resent by the Client Administrator if necessary.
What are the Access Preference options I see when signing up for ARGUS on Demand ?
ARGUS on Demand provides two access options:
- ARGUS Remote Client connection
- Citrix connection
An ARGUS Remote Client allows Windows-based users access to ARGUS Developer without logging into ARGUS On Demand or downloading Citrix. This connection allows access to additional ARGUS Developer functionality that cannot be delivered via Citrix.
NOTE: This feature is not compatible with Mac OS.
A Citrix connection is a deployment solution that is required to launch the product and recommended for Mac users or users have certain limitations with downloading applications to their machine.
If using an ARGUS Remote Client connection, the Access Option can be updated at any time to a Citrix connection (or vice versa) via Application Settings. All users assigned to the account will use the same access option.
NOTE: A maximum of 6 updates can be made to the Access Options, after which, further changes will be prohibited.
When I try to import a local file or export a file, I am unable to browse to my local computer and receive an error?
There are two causes of this error message:
- The application has not been granted full access to the local computer
- The incorrect local drives have been selected.
Granting Application Full Access To Local Computer
When first launching ARGUS On Demand, you will need to allow access to your local computer. For the following prompts, please be sure to select Permit Use/Permit all access.
1. When first launching the application, select Permit Use when prompted.
2. Once inside the application, when browsing to file location, a prompt will appear.
3. Select Permit all access.
Once full access has been granted, local drives will be available to select. NOTE: If Block Access was selected at any point, and error will appear: “Windows cannot access \\Client\C$”. Access will need to be modified within the Citrix Connection Center.
Browsing to Local Drives
Please follow the steps below to browse to local files:
1. Expand This PC.
2. Expand the Local Disk (C: on <yourcomputername>).
3. Click Users.
4. Click the folder with the <username> currently logged in as.
5. Click the Desktop folder or any other local folder to start browsing for local files.
What types of administrative roles are there with ARGUS on Demand?
There are two different types of Administrative roles in ARGUS On Demand:
- AOD Client Administrator
- ARGUS Developer Administrator
AOD Client Administrator
The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically granted the Client Administrator role, assigned a subscription to the product(s) purchased and is assigned to the Administrator Group in ARGUS Developer (if a subscription to ARGUS Developer has been purchased).
- The Client Administrator can:
- Purchase additional products and subscriptions (self-service accounts only)
- View invoices
- Update the credit card on the account (self-service accounts only)
- Create new users in ARGUS On Demand
- Assign available subscriptions for ARGUS products to users
- Disable/Enable existing users (Manage Users page)
- Delete existing users from ARGUS On Demand
- Give Client Administrator rights to another user
- Start the process to Update the current products to a new version
- Control Application Settings
ARGUS Developer Administrator
AD Administrator rights are granted within the AD application.
The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically assigned to the Administrator Group in ARGUS Developer and has all system rights and permissions within the application.
If additional users are added to the ARGUS On Demand account, their role within the application is set to AD User by default.
NOTE: In order to grant rights within the application, the ARGUS On Demand user must have an active subscription assigned and must have AOD Administrator rights OR have been assigned the role of AD Administrator by another AOD Administrator.
Related blog articles:
For an Asset management firm, impactful market changes and unforeseen property expenses can happen at…
“The budgeting process at most companies has to be the most ineffective process in management”…
As the commercial real estate (CRE) market continues to draw attention as a desired asset…
Find 1,500+ helpful articles in the ARGUS community
Login or register to the ARGUS Customer Community to manage support cases, ask questions through live chat, search the in-depth knowledge base and participate with other users through discussion boards.